Monday, July 07, 2008

Work-in-Progress: HMVS Nepean



I've cut the hull ftom two laminations of 5mm balsa which then got stuck together with PVA/White glue and allowed to dry, carefully weighted.

The "step" between the two laminations was then filled with a commercial wood-filler and smoothed off with a wet finger (useful tool, that!) before leaving to dry. It still needs another 24 hours drying time to really harden up, then I'll sand it smooth with fine sand-paper and fiz up any irregulatities that I find.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Great site and model work, i am doing some research on the Gayundah wreck at Redcliffe in qld, i was wanting to get a better look at the lines drawing of the albert you have on your site but i cant get it to become larger is it possible to post a larger copy or email me one?

4:58 PM  
Blogger Bloggerator said...

Hi Craig,

bloggerator@gmail.com is my email address.

Feel free to drop me a line.

Perhaps we could share some info.

Perhaps you'd like to consider joining the austcolwar Yahoo Group and get in touch with some felow enthusiasts, as well?

Regards,

Greg

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home